- Performance enhancements:
- Switching users via a PIN is now faster.
- You can now log in and select a register even under bad network conditions.
- Faster and easier numeric inputs with the new number pad.
- Tapping on an email link within the Retail Manager section now starts a new email.
- A welcome screen now appears when opening the app for the first time.
- Your company logo now appears on the PIN Lock screen.
- The cash drawer now opens after a cash amount is saved in the payment screen.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements in the Retail Manager section.
This release was all about squashing your top-reported bugs:
- Fixed an issue where Break Down Boxes did not correctly break down items with multiple child options.
- Fixed an issue where returning an archived item did not unarchive it.
- Fixed an issue where SmartEtailing memory usage caused upload failures.
- Fixed an issue where searching for archived items returned incorrect results.
- Fixed an issue where a transferred item that is archived appears in the Item History as removed for transfer, but does not show that the item is returned when the transfer is archived.
- Fixed an issue where items could not be saved if a date custom field is configured to include time.
- Fixed an issue where parts of notification messages were missing.
- Fixed an issue where the End of Day report did not display correct information for Profit and Category.
- Fixed an issue where the End of Day report did not correctly calculate the number of items sold.
- Fixed an issue so that deleting a special order now creates an inventory log entry, so that special orders that are deleted by mistake can be tracked.
- Fixed an issue where the Payment Type did not display in an exported Payments Received report.
- Fixed an issue where imported items attached to a Purchase Order were duplicated in the Item Search.
- Fixed an issue where manual inventory adjustments were not correctly reported in the Inventory History Report.
- Fixed an issue where saving a Gift Card as a quote changed it to a miscellaneous item.
- Fixed an issue where users could not download Roll-Up Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Price Rules applied to only one location were not applied.
- Fixed an issue where locking a register did not function properly.
- Fixed an issue where updating a child product’s short or long description updated the parent product.
- Fixed an issue where transferring items using the All Received button more than once clears the list of sent items.
- Fixed an issue where not all the items from the Quality Bicycle Products website displayed in our catalog.
- Fixed an issue where default costs were not applied correctly to auto-added items.
- Fixed an issue where the default vendor was not displayed for items that were sold, refunded or had their quantity adjusted in the Inventory Count.
- UI improvements for the Brooklyn 2014 theme.
- Corrected a rare issue that would cause items to be oversold.
- Corrected an issue where simple payment methods ignored a registered customer’s existing billing address that was different from the shipping address.
- Fixed a bug with Google Adwords Integration that was preventing Web Store from submitting Adwords conversion data to Google.
- Menus were modified to support two-line menu titles.
- Fixed canonical URL generation.
- Product URLs no longer include an extra “http://” in their links when the “Use Categories In Product Urls” URL Option is enabled in the Admin Panel.
Important: In order for this fix to take effect, you must regenerate the product URLs. To do so:
1. Go to Admin Panel > Store Settings > URL Options.
2. Disable the “Use Categories In Product Urls” option, and then click Save.
3. Re-enable the “Use Categories In Product Urls” option, and then click Save.
- Removed the “Default Locale (Language) Code” field in Admin Panel > Store Settings > Localization. Web Store now defaults to the customer’s default browser language.
- Fixed an issue whereby downloading orders from Amazon’s Marketplace Service would cause errors. This error occurred when orders had only a first name for the customer.
- Updated the department (state) list for France and ordered the list by INSEE code.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) In the Web Store products menu, Web Categories are now sorted based on their menu position as set in Lightspeed OnSite (Tools > Setup > Web Categories). If you’re using the “Blended into Products Menu” Admin Panel setting for Families (Admin Panel > Store Settings > Display Options > Show Families on Product Menu), Families are sorted alphabetically after the Web Categories. Custom Pages also appear in alphabetical order after Web Categories.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) Fixed an issue whereby a product’s “Regular Price” wouldn’t appear for child products when the “Slashed Prices” option was enabled and the product did not have a Web Store Price.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) When a child product is selected, the product page now displays the short description for the child product instead of the master product description.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) Billing Address fields are now correctly populated on downloaded Web Orders.
Developer Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
- Google Adwords Integration issue:
- Missing product “Regular Price issue (for Santa Cruz theme only):
- Now supports long product descriptions for Web Store (up to 12,000 characters).
- Gift card number included in Payments report and export.
- Upgraded to new version of Google Sign-in service.
- Removed “Clear all counts” button from Inventory Counts to prevent accidental data loss. Instead of clearing all data you should instead archive the existing inventory count and create a new, empty count.
- Restored button for navigating between a boxed item and its container box.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Reporting would give an unknown error.
- Customers can now register an email address that has been used on a guest checkout.
- Enhancements to Brooklyn 2014 user interface.
- USPS now calculates shipping for international destinations.
- Various stability enhancements and bug fixes.
Developer Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
The autofocus attribute was removed from the Brooklyn 2014 theme in Web Store 3.2.5. However, this change does not affect customized Brooklyn 2014 themes. If you’re using a customized Brooklyn 2014 theme and you want to remove the autofocus attribute, you must modify your Brooklyn 2014 files as specified here: https://github.com/lightspeedretail/webstore/wiki/Remove-autofocus-from-Brooklyn-2014-theme.
- Now includes a Lightspeed Retail Manager menu that lets you access all the Lightspeed Retail management tools, such as inventory management, reports, advanced sale workflows (i.e. special orders, layaways), work orders, and account settings. Click here to get started.
- Improved design with simpler navigation, new icons, larger tappable areas, and new font.
- General bug fixes.
- You can now disable discounts on individual items and Labor to protect your margins. Accessed through the new “Discounts Allowed” item details option and “No Discounts on Labor” setting in General Options.
- Breadcrumb navigation now includes top-level navigation items, such as Sales and Inventory.
- Updated Sidebar Main Menu:
- Consolidated all session information in the Main Menu. The menu now includes the “Employee”, “Shop”, “Register”, “Lock”, “Sign Out”, and “Time Clock” options that were previously accessible via the bottom menu bar, which was removed for increased screen real estate.
- The Sign-Out (logout) option is now minimized to encourage the use of the lock function for stores utilizing user access PINs.
- The menu can now be “pinned” so that it remains open on small screens, such as on iPads.
- Fixed the width and height ratio for a header image in email receipts.
- Fixed PayPal Pro for tax-inclusive stores when shipping to a taxable destination with taxable shipping enabled.
- Fixed an issue whereby the handling fee was not always included on the confirmation page when the user selected ‘in store pickup’.
- If all items that are eligible for a promo code are removed from the cart, the promo code field is now automatically cleared.
- Shipping charges are now updated after editing the cart from the confirmation screen.
- Fixed an issue with images loading from the incorrect location.
- Fixed an issue with certain pages not working if Web Store was installed in a subdirectory.
Developer Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
- Header image aspect ratio issue:
- Missing breadcrumbs (Brooklyn 2014):
- Web Store installed in a subdirectory (Brooklyn 2014):
- The Customer Facing Display is now available to all customers!
- Credit Card signatures captured via the iPad are now visible in the transactions detail page
- Some users with slow internet will see speed improvements when scanning items on the register
- Cost and Subtotals are now visible on Layaways, Special Orders and Work Order Reports
- New page headers on printed documents
- Added ability to see and sort inventory counts by last modified date
- Transfers now easily show items that are out of stock
- Added additional color choices in custom-color options set
- Work Order notes field will now grow as you add longer notes
- Item quantity field on purchase orders does not cut off large numbers
- Fixed issue where new multi-store pricing does not work with Shopify integration
- Fixed issues where item records dates were set to 00/00/0000
- Fixed issues in Firefox and Chrome where trailing zeros were being cut off after the decimal
- Fixed issue where profit was being calculated incorrectly in some cases on Sales Tax Report
- Fixes a performance regression for Web Stores with a large number of products.
- Fixed an issue with the 3.2.2 release whereby the installation process would sometimes stall.
- (Lightspeed Retail only) Fixed an issue with the Santa Cruz theme’s checkout.
- The save time for Purchase Orders, Quotes, Orders, & Invoices with many line items is now faster.
- The save time for changed quantities on Purchase Orders, Quotes, Orders, & Invoices is now faster.
- The response time of Purchase Orders, Quotes, Orders, & Invoices has been improved.
- Performance optimization now takes place upon installation with a manual reset located in System Preferences.
- Performance increase for the Accounts Receivable Module.
- StoreMaster application now uses the Cocoa framework (was previously Carbon).
- Converted all side drawers to drop down sheets allowing for the removal of legacy code.
- Improved Help menu for faster access to my.lightspeedpos.com and remote support.
- An Invoice can now be voided in POS Mode to prevent Owing Invoices.
- Expanded the Accounts Receivable window for better navigation of customers.
- Product label barcodes are now printed off Product ID by default.
- Moneris messages have now been updated if the card is left in the machine.
- New Installer Window layout, Retina compatible, with Uninstaller included.
- Removing a customer from an existing invoice no longer removes discounts from the line items on the invoice.
- Pricing Levels now detect the proper quantity and set the proper Pricing Level.
- Fixed an issue in StoreMaster when selling a product with a pricing level applied, the discount would apply to the default price instead of the pricing level price.
- Fixed an issue where a user was unable to open the tills window in POS Mode.
- Fixed in issue where a sale label was incorrect for tax-inclusive environments.
- Fixed an issue where Importing a vCard failed.
- Fixed an issue where Transfer Inventory in Tools was disabled occasionally.
- Fixed an issue for 1.3 customers where inventory reserving or releasing would cause an inventory quantity issue.
- Fixed an issue where a jpeg photo could not be opened for a product, customer, supplier, or company logo.
- Fixed an issue where Lightspeed could crash when adding an item to SRO Additional Items.
- Fixed an issue where Lightspeed could crash when selecting Gift Cards in Tools.
- Fixed an issue when using a Moneris Terminal would display a “declined” message when the transaction was approved.
- Receiving a PO with a linked Order item now updates the Order status to received.
- Reopening an invoice with a product that has a 100% discount no longer ignores the discount.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightspeed Server may not start upon reboot of a computer running Mavericks.
- Selecting “Quantity” in the Set Product Info drop-down no longer results a timeout and crash.
- Creating a return with a sale offer applied no longer removes the sale offer price.
- Fixed an issue if a product is sold at a 100% discount that when re-opening the invoice the sell price would be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where changing a line item quantity on an invoice would cause discounts to be removed.
- Fixed an issue where receiving a PO for a linked Order did not update the status to Received.
Mac OS X Yosemite
- Fixed an issue where a text box background color would display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where text could be cut off in the Company Setup Panel and GSX setup window.
- Fixed shading issues for document linked/related tabs, customer categories, and setup panels in tools.
- Fixed an issue where Label Designer would not function properly.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard would become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where a Magic Mouse would cause Lightspeed to crash.
New Features (Lightspeed OnSite only)
For Lightspeed OnSite, a newly optimized Cart & Checkout functionality within the newest Web Store theme, “Brooklyn 2014”. Our benchmark cart and checkout process has been designed to increase conversion rates and decreases cart abandonment:
- Dynamic price calculation and multiple promotional-code entry points, keeps your customers informed of costs and savings throughout the entire checkout process.
- Using the customer’s address or ZIP code, Web Store automatically calculates taxes, shipping options and costs, delivery estimates, and total costs, thus avoiding last minute “cart shock”.
- With a persistently visible and accessible shopping cart, your customers can easily add or remove products for purchases, compare prices, and budget for specific discounts.
- A quick and optional registration process ensures that your customers can take action and complete their purchase, without feeling overwhelmed.
- Overall improvement of page-load times.
- Redesigned responsive email templates for all themes.
- Various security enhancements.
- Various fixes for quantity discounts, promo codes, and shipping calculations.
- Various enhancements to the Brooklyn 2014 theme for smaller devices.
- Various UI fixes to the Brooklyn 2014 theme.
- Improved custom page handling.
- Various fixes for self-hosted customers.
- Improvements for custom CSS in theme copies.
- Payment provider enhancements.
- Updated all themes (new versions) to include new Lightspeed branding.
Compatibility Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
If your Web Store uses a customized theme, you may be required to update the theme before upgrading to the next release (3.2.3). For more information, click here.
- A new Customer Facing Display “Beta” feature lets you use any tablet device or computer monitor to create a more interactive engagement experience with customers by displaying key sales information like tax totals, discounts per line item, and the ability to directly email receipts.
- A new Multi-Store Pricing feature allows users to easily set specific selling prices for each SKU on a store-by-store basis, whether it be based on differences in the cost of operations or in order to take advantage of localized trends.
- The Quality Bicycle Products catalog now synchronizes correctly.
- Update to Advanced Reporting to improve data-synchronization and performance issues.
- Fixed issue with Email Receipts showing a 404 error.
- If using a MagTek iDynamo card reader, swiping a credit card from the Sale screen or Payment screen now automatically brings up the credit card payment type screen without having to select the “Credit Card” payment type.
- Opening and closing a register now automatically prints a register stub from the receipt printer.
- A notification now appears when a barcode scanner connects/disconnects.
- The cash drawer now automatically opens when a “Cash” payment type is selected.
- A new “Automatically Print Receipt” printer option lets you choose whether or not to automatically print a receipt at the end of a sale.
- Improved printing performance.
- A new and improved hardware settings screen.
- The Menu area now includes status icons for your scanner, printer, and card reader.
- Resolved an issue with random network crashes.
- Fixed an instability issue when a selected receipt printer is not recognized when performing a cash payment, or when opening a cash drawer from the register screen.
- You can now enter a decimal value when opening a register.
- A sale that is “in-progress” is now maintained when returning from a PIN lock.
- If the “Require PIN Before Each Sale” option is enabled in your Lightspeed Retail General Settings, it now also applies when performing a refund in the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
- Updated fonts, improved density and readability. Reports are now more condensed for improved legibility
- Advanced Reporting for Retail synching and performance improvements – Available in Private Beta
Bug Fixes/ Enhancements:
- Notices no longer obscure navigation bar
- Refunds & Voids now properly working on Mercury gateway
- 100% Discounts on a Price Rule are now applicable to a sale or item
- Fixed an issue where adding an item to a PO added the re-order amount, rather than adding 1 more to inventory
- Taxable flags in pricing fields are now checked by default
- Items with same description in Purchase Orders now print the accurate number of labels
- Improvement to printing labels from Purchase Orders
- Modified the autocomplete functionality for items on layaway and special order. When an item on layaway or special order is added to a sale, the user is now asked whether or not to complete the layaway or special order.
- Fixed the “Transaction Not Found” issue when opening an order from the Shipping screen.
- Fixed an issue with Giant integration not allowing blank suffixes for multi-shop accounts.