LightSpeed Launches New Apple-Based Platform to Enable Retailers to Deliver an Omni-Channel Experience
Company Announces LightSpeed ReportMaster: A New Customizable Reporting Engine, and Web Store 2.5: Featuring Improved Inventory Control and Seamless Integration with Facebook and Pinterest
MONTREAL, Canada, October 1, 2012 – – LightSpeed, a leading software company that enables retailers to reinvent in-store shopping, today announced the launch of a new Apple-based core platform that will empower retailers to interact with consumers across all channels that are essential to the shopping experience.
“The biggest challenge facing retailers today is the ability to engage with consumers across all channels, including in-store, online and mobile,” said Dax Dasilva, founder and CEO of LightSpeed. “Our new enhanced LightSpeed core platform gives retailers the ability to manage their retail operations across all these channels, providing store owners with the customizable tools needed to create an omni-channel experience through one unified, seamless product.”
The new LightSpeed 3.7 platform includes:
• ReportMaster – LightSpeed’s all-new customizable reporting engine allows retailers to access all the data they need on their stores, sales and inventory across all distribution channels in an intuitive, visual interface. It provides store owners with the ability to build and customize reports, add/remove columns and custom fields, filter, summarize, group and total results, set sort order, save custom reports and share them with other users.
• Further upgrades include support for new Ingenico payment terminals and the Genius payment platform from Merchant Warehouse.
Web Store 2.5
LightSpeed Web Store 2.5 is a powerful solution that offers retailers a fast and intuitive way to create a user-friendly e-commerce platform. Key upgrades to the Web Store platform include:
• Improved Inventory Control – Web Store now manages inventory levels to prevent oversells or backorders, and monitors carts to prevent multiple customers from checking out with the same last item.
• Social Media Integration – Built-in sharing buttons allow products to be shared easily with Facebook, Pinterest and other social media sites, as well as publish to product aggregators such as Google Shopping. PayPal Payments Pro has been added as a new payment option, and Web Store contains built-in support for Google Analytics and AdWords.
• Additional upgrades to Web Store 2.5 include enhanced promo code options and templates that improve search engine optimization and format correctly on mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad.
Monthly Maintenance Plan
For existing customers, the new LightSpeed platform offers the ability to renew their maintenance subscription on a monthly-billed basis, making it more affordable to get up-to-date with the latest versions of LightSpeed and Web Store, and have access to telephone and emergency support. More information is available at www.lightspeedpos.com.