- Added support for Google’s Universal Analytics (Admin Panel > Integrations > Google Settings).
- Single attribute matrix products now display just one drop-down selection.
- If a custom page is set as your Web Store’s home page, you can now use the « Product Display » option (Admin Panel > Custom Pages > select custom page > Product Display) to set whether to display products on custom pages in a grid or slider format.
- (OnSite only) Fixed an issue with the Quote-to-Cart functionality in Brooklyn 2014.
- (Retail only) The size restriction (512px x 512px) on zoomed product images (hovering over a product image) has been removed. The zoom function now uses the original size of the uploaded image.
- (Retail only) Fixed an issue that prevented products from a Category that contained a slash in their category name from appearing on a Web Store.
Note: If you have products that are already selected for display on your Web Store that are in Categories with a slash in their name, you must re-save each product in Lightspeed Retail for the fix to take effect.
Developer Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
If your Web Store uses a customized theme and you wish to use Web Store’s new Google Universal Analytics, you may be required to modify the theme as detailed in https://github.com/lightspeedretail/webstore/wiki/Using-Google’s-Universal-Analytics-with-Web-Store.
New In-App Help. Access help documentation, release notes, keyboard shortcuts, from the Help menu in app. Look for In-App chat with Support coming soon!
- Purchase orders will now show when extra quantity is received for each item
- Improved layout of money and number columns in listings
- Fixed an issue where the Alert banner would not show up when archiving a price scheme.
- Fixed an issue where the Timeclock would auto clock in the employee if they clicked too quickly.
- Fixed an issue where the status of a special order was not being updated in the interface.
- Fixed an issue where if you have multiple quotes, then complete all the quotes in a row, the oldest quote did not change its status to Completed.
- Fixed an issue where Layaway, Special Order, Work Order Reports displayed an « Unable to contact server » error when trying to filter by category.
- Fixed an issue where changing the label print size did not apply that size immediately.
- Fixed an issue when trying to apply a price rule to more than 2000 items.
- Fixed an issue where clicking edit on a Miscellaneous charge in a work order sometimes changed the quantity to 1.
- Fixed an issue when sending Purchase Orders to Specialized.
- Fixed an issue where emailing a receipt sometimes prevented access to the event log.
- Fixed an issue where Select Item sometimes appeared in the Product Listing when the action was not relevant.
- Fixed an issue when printing long receipts for Special Orders.
- Fixed an issue where moving an item to a Layaway or Special Order sometimes re-enabled a disabled Sales Tax.
- Fixed an issue where refunding a Work Order, then voiding the refund, sometimes caused an error.
- Fixed an issue where archiving an item did not redirect back to the item listing page.
- Fixed an issue calculating PST/GST on End of Day report.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect sales tax to be applied when switching between shops with different sales taxes.
- Fixed an issue where merging items did not function correctly.
Lightspeed OnSite 2015 2.1 has major improvements in performance speed.
- Count Inventory comparisons and adjustments are faster.
- Intelligence reports are faster.
- Apple GDV Inventory Report is 2x faster.
- Searching for Products, Customers and Invoices in POS Mode is faster.
- Opening the cash drawer is controlled by the user privilege and payment method.
- Merchant Warehouse is replaced by Cayan.
- New setting for automatic completion of sale in POS Mode.
- Cash Denomination buttons are now available for cash payments in POS Mode.
- New option in Users to allow passwords to never expire.
- New button in POS Mode to reprint a Gift Card receipt for an Invoice.
- Gift Card balances are printed on receipts.
- Fixed an issue where when the Can Exit POS Screen privilege was set to authentication the user was logged out.
- Fixed an issue in POS mode where the Sell Negative Inventory on Invoices privilege allowed selling negative inventory.
- Fixed an issue in POS mode where the Sell Negative Quantity on Invoices privilege allowed selling items that were at a negative quantity.
- Fixed an issue in POS mode where the Sell Below Minimum margin on Invoices privilege allowed selling below the minimum margin.
- Fixed an issue in POS mode where attempting to log out when the Can Exit POS Screen privilege is set to authentication or to not allowed caused Lightspeed OnSite to crash.
- Fixed an issue in POS mode where the End of Day report was not accessible if the user privilege was set to authentication.
- Fixed an issue where mapping payment methods for the Cayan Genius terminal caused Lightspeed Onsite to crash.
- Fixed an issue where on the Product card selecting Update Costs of Products on this PO cleared the Default Supplier.
- Fixed an issue where users who do not have Setup MultiStore enabled cannot do inventory lookups or Transfers In.
- Fixed an issue where changing the Customer on an Invoice that was paid by Gift Card clears the Gift Card payment.
- Fixed an issue in POS Mode where the account window opened behind the customer card.
- Custom fields now print accurately for Supplier Invoices.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Export Tools to crash.
- Fixed an issue where accessing Customer history from POS mode caused Lightspeed OnSite to crash.
- Product Codes now print on labels by default.
- Printing a barcode based on a Product Code is supported.
- Updating a master product description now updates the child products.
- Fixed an issue where performing a GSX warranty lookup caused Lightspeed Onsite to crash.
- Barcodes of the Multi-Store Label are blank custom labels designed using the C39 barcode.
- Fixed an API issue where updating an invoice with an activated gift card on it caused the value of the gift card to double.
- Columns now sort properly in gift card table.
- Columns now sort properly in inventory count window.
- StoreMaster now updates the Invoice Modified Date for non-cash payments.
- Using a Pre-Existing preset now displays the product fields in Import Tools.
- Fixed an issue where a phone number was occasionally shown in the email field of an invoice card.
Mac OS X Yosemite
- Fixed an issue where posted or exported Supplier Invoices were displayed with a lock icon.
- Fixed an issue where text was cut off in Station Setup & Pricing Level Setup.
Advanced Reporting 2.0
- Supports the completely redesigned Advanced Reporting 2.0 add-on module, a powerful cloud-based tool for deep retail analysis across any number of store locations.
Updated API Documentation
- Fixed an issue where matrix parent items incorrectly linked short and long descriptions with child products.
- Fixed an issue where adding multiple single items to a work order converted the items to a box, even when Do Not Convert Singles to Boxes Automatically was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where an ampersand in a customer name caused printing errors.
- Fixed an issue where, credit card error messages persisted onscreen even after pressing the Hide button.
- Fixed an incorrect price in the Giant catalog.
- Fixed an issue where logging back on during a quote created a second copy of the quote.
May 27. 2015
In Settings > General Options > Customize Product Listing you can now add these SKU fields to product listings: UPC, EAN, Custom/Shop SKU and Manufacturer SKU.
In Settings > Set Prices you can now Archive Price Schemes you no longer wish to use.
Fixed an issue where special characters such as ampersands were not displayed properly in emailed receipts.
Fixed an issue where the Save Changes button was not available during field changes.
Fixed an issue where after you added an item to a box of items or assembly you went to the item details screen instead of the box of items or assembly tab.
Fixed an issue where when you changed the description of an item the Save Changes button was not active until you moved to another field.
Fixed an issue where a qwerty keyboard rather than a numeric one was displayed when a user was closing a till, performing a payout or drop, or adding an amount.
Fixed an issue where quantity available did not display in product matrices.
Fixed an issue where deleting tags for an item was causing unexpected functionality.
Fixed an issue where purchase orders that have special orders on them and are received in a shop that isn’t the intended shop for the purchase order did not set aside quantities for the special orders when received.
This release was all about squashing your top-reported bugs:
- Fixed an issue where Break Down Boxes did not correctly break down items with multiple child options.
- Fixed an issue where returning an archived item did not unarchive it.
- Fixed an issue where SmartEtailing memory usage caused upload failures.
- Fixed an issue where searching for archived items returned incorrect results.
- Fixed an issue where a transferred item that is archived appears in the Item History as removed for transfer, but does not show that the item is returned when the transfer is archived.
- Fixed an issue where items could not be saved if a date custom field is configured to include time.
- Fixed an issue where parts of notification messages were missing.
- Fixed an issue where the End of Day report did not display correct information for Profit and Category.
- Fixed an issue where the End of Day report did not correctly calculate the number of items sold.
- Fixed an issue so that deleting a special order now creates an inventory log entry, so that special orders that are deleted by mistake can be tracked.
- Fixed an issue where the Payment Type did not display in an exported Payments Received report.
- Fixed an issue where imported items attached to a Purchase Order were duplicated in the Item Search.
- Fixed an issue where manual inventory adjustments were not correctly reported in the Inventory History Report.
- Fixed an issue where saving a Gift Card as a quote changed it to a miscellaneous item.
- Fixed an issue where users could not download Roll-Up Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Price Rules applied to only one location were not applied.
- Fixed an issue where locking a register did not function properly.
- Fixed an issue where updating a child product’s short or long description updated the parent product.
- Fixed an issue where transferring items using the All Received button more than once clears the list of sent items.
- Fixed an issue where not all the items from the Quality Bicycle Products website displayed in our catalog.
- Fixed an issue where default costs were not applied correctly to auto-added items.
- Fixed an issue where the default vendor was not displayed for items that were sold, refunded or had their quantity adjusted in the Inventory Count.
May 11, 2015
- Fixed an issue where opening an Item’s details in a new tab caused issues navigating between sub-tabs.
- Fixed an issue with Mercury Refund Processing where refunds of manual entries were not correctly processed and an error message was displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Date Custom Fields were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where pulling items for layaway only pulls items from the current shop rather than the specified shop.
- Fixed an issue where the Misc. and Labor buttons did not function correctly after pressing the Category button during a sale.
- Fixed an issue where Items that are auto-added for sale, ad-hoc refunded, or added by reconciling an inventory count are not assigned a vendor, even if they have a default vendor set.
- Fixed an issue where credit card error messages could not be dismissed.
- UI improvements for the Brooklyn 2014 theme.
- Corrected a rare issue that would cause items to be oversold.
- Corrected an issue where simple payment methods ignored a registered customer’s existing billing address that was different from the shipping address.
- Fixed a bug with Google Adwords Integration that was preventing Web Store from submitting Adwords conversion data to Google.
- Menus were modified to support two-line menu titles.
- Fixed canonical URL generation.
- Product URLs no longer include an extra « http:// » in their links when the « Use Categories In Product Urls » URL Option is enabled in the Admin Panel.
Important: In order for this fix to take effect, you must regenerate the product URLs. To do so:
1. Go to Admin Panel > Store Settings > URL Options.
2. Disable the « Use Categories In Product Urls » option, and then click Save.
3. Re-enable the « Use Categories In Product Urls » option, and then click Save.
- Removed the « Default Locale (Language) Code » field in Admin Panel > Store Settings > Localization. Web Store now defaults to the customer’s default browser language.
- Fixed an issue whereby downloading orders from Amazon’s Marketplace Service would cause errors. This error occurred when orders had only a first name for the customer.
- Updated the department (state) list for France and ordered the list by INSEE code.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) In the Web Store products menu, Web Categories are now sorted based on their menu position as set in Lightspeed OnSite (Tools > Setup > Web Categories). If you’re using the “Blended into Products Menu” Admin Panel setting for Families (Admin Panel > Store Settings > Display Options > Show Families on Product Menu), Families are sorted alphabetically after the Web Categories. Custom Pages also appear in alphabetical order after Web Categories.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) Fixed an issue whereby a product’s « Regular Price » wouldn’t appear for child products when the « Slashed Prices » option was enabled and the product did not have a Web Store Price.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) When a child product is selected, the product page now displays the short description for the child product instead of the master product description.
- (Lightspeed OnSite only) Billing Address fields are now correctly populated on downloaded Web Orders.
Developer Note (Lightspeed OnSite only)
If your Web Store uses a customized theme, you may be required to update the theme to take advantage of bug fixes offered in this release. For more information, refer to these two articles: